What banks are in Guatemala?
Banks in Guatemala
- Agromercantil. Tel: (+502) 233-86565. //www.agromercantil.com.gt.
- Azteca Bank. Tel: (+502) 222-92222. …
- Bank of Antigua. Tel: (+502) 242-05555. …
- BAC Bank. Tel: (+502) 236-10909. …
- Citi Bank. Tel: (+502) 233-68001. …
- Credito Hipotecario Bank. Tel: (+502) 222-30333. …
- De Credito Bank. Tel: (+502) 238-44900. …
- Bantrab Bank. Tel: (+502) 236-33423.
Is there a Bank of America in Guatemala?
Bank Of America – Guatemala Appraisal Branch (Frgn)
Guatemala Appraisal Branch (Frgn) is a branch office of Bank Of America. They provide the following services: Full Service Office Location and are located at Avenida De La Reforma 7-10 in Guatemala City .
Can I open a bank account in Guatemala?
Opening a bank account in Guatemala is possible for foreigners IF you have a Guatemalan national to vouch for you. … You will need your passport, an electric or other utility bill from the place you live (it does not have to be in your name) and a local person to go with you to the bank and give you a personal reference.
What is Guatemala city famous for?
- Guatemala City (Spanish: Ciudad de Guatemala), locally known as Guatemala or Guate, officially Ciudad de Guatemala (art. …
- Guatemala City is the site of the Mayan city of Kaminaljuyu, founded around 1500 BC. …
- Today, Guatemala City is the political, cultural, and economic center of Guatemala.
Can you use US money in Guatemala?
The US dollar is widely accepted in Guatemala, but it is still recommended to have Guatemalan quetzals on hand at all times. It can be difficult to break larger bills (like Q100) in smaller towns and at local restaurants—for this reason it is always a good idea to keep some smaller bills in your wallet.
Can I use my debit card in Guatemala?
You can also withdraw cash advances from your credit cards at banks or ATMs, provided you know your PIN. … All major credit cards are accepted in Guatemala, although MasterCard and Visa will give you the greatest coverage, while American Express and Diners Club are slightly less widely used and accepted.
What is the most dangerous zone in Guatemala City?
On top of the numerical zones, the city’s Zone 10 is also called Zona Viva — the “lively zone” jammed with hotels and bars and nightclubs — and the poorest and most dangerous spots get branded una zona roja (a red zone).
What food is Guatemala known for?
Corn, beans, rice, pork, beef, chicken, cheese, and tortillas form the backbone of most Guatemalan cuisine. Meat stews (caldos) and soups (sopas) are easily the most popular dishes among locals.